Despite numerous expressions of solidarity, the university presidium has not withdrawn its unacceptable decision. We are taking legal action against it and hope to regain the rooms. The conference will definitely take place! If not at the university, then at the Bürgerhaus Wilhelmsburg (Mengestraße 20, 21107 Hamburg; near Wilhelmsburg S-Bahn station).
All the technical details have been sorted out. In the following we summarise the most important information. A detailed programme and further details will follow soon on our website:
• Already tomorrow, Thursday 6 April, we will start our programme. From 12:00 it will be possible to come to the Kurdish Cultural Association (Schulterblatt 55, 20357 Hamburg) and register there. From 16:00 we will then move to our main event rooms in the Bürgerhaus Wilhelmsburg, where registration will continue. There you will get all the information you need for the following days.
• On Thursday evening we will start our programme at 19:00 in the Bürgerhaus Wilhelmsburg. If participants arrive in Hamburg later than 21:00, they can meet at the Kurdish cultural association.
• On Friday, 7 April, we will continue with our programme at the same location.
• On Saturday, 8 April, we will continue with an extended workshop phase all day. It will be possible to participate in not just one but several workshops. The locations where the different workshops will take place will be announced shortly.
• On Sunday, 9 April, the programme will again take place in the Bürgerhaus Wilhelmsburg and will end as planned with a closing speech at 17:00.
Nothing has changed in the framework of the conference. Both the content and the technical aspects, such as translations, will take place as planned.
Of course, we assume that it may not run as smoothly as originally planned, so we ask for your indulgence and flexibility. We will continue to try to find solutions to all problems.
If you have any urgent questions please do not hesitate to contact us, otherwise we ask you to check our website for further developments.
With this in mind, we send our best regards and look forward to the coming days.
AStA University of Hamburg | Network for an Alternative Quest